Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dominique Calhoun of Skye Couture



Dominique of Skye Couture is adding a unique approach to crafting head bands. Born and raised in Philadelphia she's twisting up the Fashion Scene, and I'm loving it!






Q: When did you start designing? 

 A:  I'm not sure I would call it designing but I just recently started crafting head bands and turban head pieces the winter of 2012.





Q: What are some of your favorite trends? 

A: Some of my favorite trends are color blocking, bold prints, animal prints and over sized eye wear.






Q: Besides yourself who are some of your favorite designers?

A: Besides my self some of my favorite designers are Versace, Brian Atwood and H&M. Versace looks are edgy filled with color and make a statement. It made me love her style even more when she designed an affordable line for H&M. Brian Atwood has some really amazing shoes and I love that he has created a more affordable line B by Brain Atwood his shoes are very unique and different. H&M is one of the best affordable places to shop. They have a variety of everything retro, edgy at times, classic and sophisticated looks they always stay current and in line with the trend.





 Q: Your favorite places to shop?

 A: Some of my favorite places to shop are Forever 21 because they carry a variety of everything ,Nordstrom because I love a place that provides excellent customer service and there's lots of variety within each department and of course H&M.



Q: 10-20 years from now, what do you want people to say about your brand?

A: 10- 20 years from now I want people to say SkyeCouture is "a unique approach to crafting" Making your everyday life style more simple and pretty!!!


You can find Skye Couture head pieces online at...

 www.skyecouture.com and also at PNK Elephant located 504 South St Phila PA 19147.





 For iPhone and Android users you can friend Dominique on Instagram to view products, search SkyeCouture 

For Special Orders Email...

SkyeCouture@hotmail.com 




Thanks for Reading!

-Kia Denise
 



2 comments:

  1. great interview, I love this feature
    her designs are really nice
    I'm so going to checkout more of her stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her pieces are amazing!! you'll Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...