Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fashion Make Up Artist : Shataya Worth



Shataya Worth, 25 who's originally from
Jersey is a  Philadelphia, and New York based MUA who,  for the last 5 years has been taking over the fashion scene with her killer MUA skills. Specializing in editorial, fashion, and beauty she's someone to keep an eye on! 




Q: When did you start doing make up and what inspired you to do
makeup?


A:  I can say I started becoming serious about freelancing a
little over a year ago. I did makeup here and there before for that
but never anything serious. It was kind of out the blue honestly. I
was working in clinical research and it really opened my eyes to the
fact I really did not want to be stuck in the office from day to day.
I knew I was meant to be in a creative field and under my own
direction so to speak. I think thats what keeps me inspired! The fact
that I'm always coming up with different ideas and that I have the
control to bring them to life!





Q: Beside yourself who are some other make up artist that you look up to? 

A: Pat McGrath of course! Her work is so innovative, especially her
runway work. And when she wants to be creative, she really takes it here 100%!  That's definitely a focus of mine, to be well rounded.





Q:  What are some of your favorite products to use?


A:  MAC's Mineralized
Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle is my absolute favorite highlighter of
all time. It gives such a wonderful glow to the face on any skin
tone.OCC lip tars are also great because they can be mixed and their color shades are amazing! My favorite mascara is Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black. It gives the look of dark, full lashes and very affordable




Q: What do you recommend for clear skin? 


A: Thats a hard question just
because everyone's skin is different. But a product I personally swear by is Witch Hazel as a toner. But as far as any advice. I would just say keep it simple, don't bombard your face with all these different products just be its "new" or everyone else is using it. Find what works for you and stick with it.




Q:  Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? 


A: It changes from week
to week haha. But I will certainly be doing big things in the
industry. Of course I see my self being known worldwide. Maybe still doing makeup... maybe owning my own skin care or makeup line? I have even given thoughts of having my own agency one day. All I know is I see myself being as driven as I am today involved in something successful and that I am completely in love with!





This young woman is talented, and very humble. I had the pleasure of working with her and shes someone who's dedicated to her goals and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...